Ikon is a private Institute of Higher Education focused on Art Therapy, Early Childhood Education, Counselling, and Psychotherapy. Our purpose is to propel individuals towards life-altering futures. We do this by fostering curiosity and self-development through meaningful learning experiences.
Ikon operates nationally with campuses in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Adelaide, as well as Distance Education. It currently has around 600 domestic and international students across its 3 Bachelor programs.
Ikon is part of the ASX-listed EDU Holding Limited Group. Learn more about Ikon here.
About the role
We are looking for a Casual Lecturer, Arts Therapy.
Reporting to the Head of School, this role is responsible for the delivery of the higher education courses in their respective discipline, including curriculum development, teaching, and assessment.
This is a hands-on role working within the academic team, supporting student engagement and facilitating their learning experience.
We are seeking a dynamic individual who is passionate about teaching and delivering an enriching learning experience. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to facilitate face-to-face as well as online learning.
- Deliver course within discipline area and facilitate learning in an engaging and dynamic manner, via on-campus and digital methodologies
- Facilitate student engagement, consultation, and communication of student issues to Head of Faculty
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders to ensure smooth and cohesive delivery of subject content
- Engage in weekly subject forums and discussions
- Mark student assessments within specific timeframes and to the required standards
- Participate in moderation and benchmarking activities as required
- Attend faculty meetings and student consultations as required
- Engage in scholarly practice as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- A PhD or a Masters qualification in a directly related field of study (Art Therapy or the Creative Therapies)
- A minimum of 3 years or more of practising experience in a directly related field of study
- Teaching or Tutoring experience desirable
- Knowledge of higher education requirements and industry standards
- Knowledge of contemporary developments in their specific discipline or field, be actively engaged in continuing professional development, scholarship, research, or knowledge of contemporary teaching, learning and assessment relevant to their discipline, role, modes of delivery and the specific needs of student cohorts
- Passion for education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to undergo a National Crime check, if required
What makes working with us exciting:
- Work-life balance
- Training and development opportunities
- A positive culture and fun team
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society in order to better serve our students. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity, and from people of all ages.
- Please apply online or send your resume and a covering letter summarising your relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application