Ikon Institute of Australia is a unique private higher education provider in Creative therapies, Counselling, Psychotherapy and Early Childhood Education.
Our courses provide individuals with the skills and knowledge to move forward with rewarding careers. Ikon students are diverse but are connected by a common desire to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
About the role:
Reporting to the Education Manager, the Education Services Advisor will ensure efficient management of the teaching and learning cycle for Ikon students and staff.
You will provide advice, guidance and support to lecturers, teaching assistants and students regarding Ikon; its education policies and procedures; learning management systems; student experience and education services.
You will work collaboratively with the Student Experience team and represent both the Education and Student Services teams as required.
You are passionate about customer experience and is able to provide support by understanding the staff and student journey. You have a strong work ethic and is keen to learn and grow with the organisation.
You have good interpersonal skills, excellent communication and are able to work in a team as well as autonomously. You have high attention to details, is able to deliver operational responsibilities in a changing environment.
- Act as the first point of call for day-to-day operational matters and enquiries related to Education Services for students and faculty members
- Assist in the creation of materials for and the maintenance of the teaching and learning management system (Canvas)
- Assist with processes such as the Assessment Policy for extensions, special consideration and assessment, grades and grade release
- Support the at-risk student processes in consultation with the Academic Integrity Officers, Heads of School and Dean
- Support the records management of external and internal moderation of assessment processes conducted by the faculties
- Coordinating effective, timely and accurate timetables across all campuses for all of Ikon, including allocated teaching staff, equipment, and classroom availability in collaboration with the Student Experience Team
- Assist the Education Manager with records management of all documentation requirements of the Education Team
- Engage in any other duties as reasonably directed by the supervisor
- Supporting the functioning of the Teaching and Learning Committee(s)
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience or broad knowledge in technical or administrative fields in a relevant industry and/or have equivalent qualifications (preferably in an education/learning design field or similar)
- Sound understanding of Australian education environment and academic services
- Experience working in an office environment within education or a closely related field is preferable
- Demonstrated analytical skills and commitment to quality assurance.
- IT literacy particularly Microsoft Office environment and specifically Excel
- Digital literacy skills in teaching and learning management systems, such as Canvas
What makes working with us exciting:
- Paid birthday leave
- Work-life balance
- Training and development opportunities
- Be a part of a growing team
- A fun team
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society to better serve our students. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and people of all ages.
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society in order to better serve our students. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
Ikon is part of the ASX-listed UCW LimitedGroup.
UCW is an ASX-listed entity that owns and operates a portfolio of tertiary education businesses, with a current focus on Health and Community Services related fields of study in both the international and domestic student market. Education is delivered nationally across 12 campuses.
- Please apply online or send your resume and a covering letter summarising your relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their applications