About Ikon Institute of Australia(Ikon)
Ikon is a unique private higher education provider in Early Childhood Education, Creative therapies, Counselling and Psychotherapy. We have been helping people help others for over 25 years.
Ikon is currently expanding its academic team in Sydney and is seeking a permanent Lecturer to join our Early Childhood Education team.
About the Role
Reporting to the with the Senior Lecturer and working with the Head of School, our permanent lecturers support curriculum and assessment development, teach subject content and mark student assessments as well as facilitate student engagement.
You will contribute to the academic needs and requirements of the Institute by adhering to Ikon’s guidelines, policies and practices to achieve faculty objectives as well as cultivate and manage existing relationships with the industry.
What you can bring to this role
We are seeking a dynamic individual who is passionate about Early Childhood Education and are deliver meaningful outcomes for our students by sharing knowledge and experience.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and are able to work well autonomously as well as in a team.
Ikon believes in integrity, honesty and being emphatic in understanding the challenges many students face whilst living and studying abroad and you are a person who can align with these values.
- Facilitate teaching and learning in an engaging and dynamic manner, via on-campus and digital methodologies
- Provide administrative and coordination support to the Head of Faculty and Senior Lecturers
- Facilitate student engagement, consultation, and communication of student issues to Head of Faculty and Senior Lecturers
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders to ensure smooth and cohesive delivery of subject content
- Prepare weekly student learning platform (Canvas) content, engage in weekly forums and discussions
- Mark student assessments within specific timeframes
- Participate in moderation and benchmarking activities
- Attend faculty meetings and student consultations
- Undertaking scholarly activities as determined in consultation with the Head of Faculty
Qualifications and skills
- Degree qualified (Masters preferred), in a directly related field of study
- A minimum of 2 years and preferably 5 years or more of practising experience in a directly related field of study
- Experience as a lecturer in other tertiary education providers preferred
- Previous operational coordination, management or leadership experience preferred
- Knowledge of higher education requirements and industry standards
- Willingness to undergo a Working with Children check and National Crime check
What makes working with us exciting
- Paid birthday leave
- 1-day per week WFH policy
- Work-life balance
- Training and development opportunities
- Job rotation and career progression
- A positive culture and fun team
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society in order to better serve our students. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
Ikon Institute of Australia is part of the ASX-listed UCW Limited Group.
UCW is an ASX-listed entity that owns and operates a portfolio of tertiary education businesses, with a current focus on Health and Community Services related fields of study in both the international and domestic student market.
Be part of our team
- Please send your resume and a covering letter summarising your relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are only able to consider applicants with the right to live and work in Australia
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of their applications